Saturday, December 1, 2012

Disney Aulani Resort


Last week we took a little family staycation trip to the Disney Aulani Resort.  Definitely better than expected and no shortage of fun there. I have recently just come to accept that the multi billion dollar Disney corporation is not going anywhere and that whether I like it or not, it is embedded in my child's brain, and most importantly-- IT MAKES HIM DAMN HAPPY!  So therefore, it is part of my life whether I like it or not and I have to get used to the ten dollar burnt hot dogs and the 45 minute wait to get a picture with Minnie.  But a picture is worth a lifetime! Shut up.

My sister always saids, "God! you can be such a pessimist!"  And yes she's right, maybe a little more today than ever but why am I taking it out on Disney?  Then why even do a post today?  Phe is taking an extra long nap.. Is it that I'm on anti bio tics and I can't have a glass of wine later on this evening?  Or could it be this crappy weather that keeps persisting or am I just really scared that the world is going to end?  Where should I spend my last 2 days on Earth with the  loves of my life?  Well, Phoenix would say the Disney Aulani Resort.

And I promise this will be positive from now if you haven't stopped reading already.  Disney Aulani is really really FUN!  I'm not being sarcastic either. It's basically Disney Land with out the rides, but the lazy river, two water slides (and one that's actually really tormenting) infinity jacuzzi, built in snorkeling cave, menehune water play area, and last but not least little to NO wait to get a photo with the characters TOTALLY make up for it.  Not sure what they were trying to achieve with their decor, but it's pretty dull. You would never know you are even in a Disney property if you didn't accidentally run into Goofy waist high in the pool .  We were also there on a Monday night, lucky enough to get to see the Starlit Hui which is like a luau without the food, but there is a tiki bar at least.  At the end of the show, the characters come out to put on a show and dance with you.  There's a lot of interaction and it's not very crowded so the children all get great seats unlike, a big auditorium at Disney land.

To wrap this up..I came up with a couple tips for your stay when booking Aulani.

1. Make sure you are there on the right nights. There are a lot of activities going on and if you are flexible, you want to be there for the Starlit Hui or the Pool Party.  The daily activity list can be found here on their website

2. The resort's direct number is extremely hard to find.  I found it while I was there.  Here it is.  Take it down don't lose it, save it to your sim card.  Disney Aulani Resort DIRECT NUMBER: 808-674-6200

3.  Don't go down the dark one person water slide.  It's a black hole, your worst nightmare and it gave us anxiety for a week straight.







*some resort images taken from yelp.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Phe looks so young here and it was only like 4 months ago?!?????

    ReplyDelete