Sunday, December 2, 2012

What is Motherhood to You?



I have decided to take a spin on my blog and feature and interview different, inspiring mothers.  Motherhood is a bond, a feeling you can never replace with anything else and almost impossible to describe to someone unless you are one yourself.   What is motherhood to me? In a short version, it's an empowerment that brings an even more profound depth to life, an inner value for myself, an immense respect for the human body, mother nature, and my own parents. The trials and tribulation the sacrifices, the sudden change that 9 months can never quite prepare you for .  My body has a completely different function now..my eyes are there to watch my childs every move, legs for running after him,  and nipples are (fun) toys.   I know you will agree, you are not living for yourself anymore.  From that initial moment when milk fills your breasts, to the butterflies in your stomach when you spot your child's face in the crowd, to the elation of when you found out mom jeans were making a come back--Life has never been so good.


So I've said my part, now it's time to give other moms who never gave up, who've also been empowered by motherhood while juggling their passion, a VOICE.  Regardless of a mother's nationality or beliefs, single or married, working or taking a break, I know we can all learn from each other.  There always seems to be this underlining significant respect and sleepless bond with us mothers, through our commonality--I hope you enjoy exploring this with me. Welcome to Phe and Me.


I am so incredibly lucky to have my husband support me on this path and come along to photograph and capture the essence between the mother and the child.  I could not have made this happen without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment