Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tips and Tricks// Dressing a Little on a little Budget

I used to think, you needed a ton of money to dress your kids really stylish..but I soon realized that that quickly got old.  In the two and a half years that I have been a mother, I have enjoyed budgeting and bargaining more than I ever have before.  I don't mind spending money on one off pieces that I just cannot get anywhere else, but being creative, patient, and having great staples will keep you from breaking your bank.  With that said, you can really make any kid look stylish...at a very low cost.



If you have something in mind, look on ebay first.  Take a load off other moms. Goodwill and other thrift stores are great too but takes more patience.




Staples are all you need.  Good shoes. Basic stylish tees.  American Apparel $10- $15.  Shoes can be expensive but an investment.  It will make an outfit // Don't buy fake nikes, don't buy Bob's instead of Tom's.


PJ sets are a must buy.  Costco , Children's Place, etc.  You can't beat the price and who doesn't like killing 2 birds with one stone. Wear it to bed, wear it to the park the next day.  SSShhhh...no one will EVER know.



I make Phe outwear his clothes.  If it doesn't fit, I will make it fit.  Sand paper is your bestfriend.  Cut, and sand small jeans.  Roll em up, good to go.  Phe is wearing Size one jeans in the photo.



Outworn shoes?  Wash em and slap some shwings on the bad boys.  What kid doesn't wanna feel like a flyin super hero. (Thinker Toys is the only stockist in Hawaii otherwise- EBAY)




Hats are hard to find// Make your own.  Use old clothes, cut it up glue with fabric glue or you can find cute cheap fabric at walmart. 



I can't resist great market, vintage finds and supporting small businesses =) Because these, you will treasure forever, and it tells a story.



No comments:

Post a Comment