Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chinatown How Bout It!



Today we went Downtown to Chinatown to have some lunch and to people watch. Honolulu’s Chinatown is pretty ghetto in the day and at night it becomes “the art district” which is possibly a euphemism for ghetto anyway. It’s pretty fun people watching a dude on the side of the street unclear of what he’s selling himself but he just screams the entire day “How bout it! You want some? I got some! How bout it!” I honestly don’t think he’s selling drugs I think he’s trying to make an honest living selling his few sunglasses and hats…maybe to pay for drugs. There’s also a few people passed out on the streets that you have to inconveniently go around them and yes they smell pretty bad too. Hey but who saids this is not art in the grimmest form. To be able to sleep past 2 o’clock on a busy street in downtown where people are about to step on you is pretty amazing. Now you might ask why the hell I would ever expose a baby to a place like this. 1. I was ready to Karate chop any hand, any limb that came in 5 feet radius of the stroller..I couldn’t help the smell. 2. My husband had to visit a skate shop there 3. There are some great cafes and restaurants in downtown especially Soul de Cuba and for the price and flavor, it’s just ALLLL worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment