Monday, October 3, 2011

Mommy Retreat



A couple weeks back, I decided to go on a little mommy retreat and visit my best friend Maile in LA. We both went separate ways after high school and never seemed to get any quality time if we were ever home at the same time. Maile is a badass and works as a stylist and a shop owner in LA and has been out there for a while now, so I knew I was in good hands. We stayed at the SLS where everything was ridiculously expensive, impractical and amazing. The breakfast server refused to take our picture and the concierge was kind of a dick but hey everyone’s a dick I get it. The pool was where we spent most of our time drinking cocktails so it didn’t really matter. On one of the days we went shopping after the pool which was not the brightest idea. I look back on the clothes I bought that day and go “What the hell was I thinking?!? Ohhhhhh yeah.” I was thankful Maile didn’t like to bother with the bougie eateries in LA where you go just to be seen next to Kim Kardashian’s big ass, and pay $8 for Orange Juice and 3 pieces of lettuce for a Ceasar. She took me to the best little bars and cafĂ©’s, the taping of the Chelsea Lately Show, downtown markets, and went on missions to find the Korean Taco Truck. We never did find the Korean taco truck but I think if we did, the world would have fallen apart…my vacation would have been far too perfect..I even got a full night’s uninterrupted sleep for the first time in a year and a half and had enough time to watch mindless tv ex: Charlie Sheen roast. If it wasn’t for this trip, I would not have started a blog—thanks to Maile and Red Wine they go hand in hand. Although we live worlds apart, Maile and I picked up where we left off, combined half Japanese powers, relaxed, recharged and happily got back to our busy lives as mommy and empire builder.









No comments:

Post a Comment